Enrolment at St John’s School
The school needs to manage student intake in order to best achieve its stated educational outcomes.
- Ensuring children benefit from a smooth transition into the School with a minimum of disruption and maximum support.
- St John’s Lutheran School aims to provide a fair, transparent and efficient process of enrolment for all applicants.
Application for Entry
- Applications for the Prep and Kindergarten close on April 30 in the year prior to the year of intended enrolment.
- Applications for positions in other year levels may be accepted at any time.
- Proof of age must be presented with the enrolment application.
- A non-refundable application fee to cover administration costs (as set out in the School’s Fee Schedule) must accompany the application form.
- Children must turn 5 years of age by April 30 of the year in which they start school.
- Children need to complete their first year of school before they turn 7 years of age.
- Receipt of application will be acknowledged in writing.
- An interview with the Head of School will be required prior to offers of positions being made.
When more applications are received than positions available, it is necessary to use the enrolment priority system to comply with our policy in regulating the number of children enrolled. The Principal in conjunction with Geelong Lutheran College Council will determine enrolment priorities.
Places may be offered outside the priorities at the discretion of the Principal.
Criteria for allocation of places – The following factors are all considered when offering a placement:
- Students from Lutheran families
- Siblings of students attending the School or Kindergarten
- Students who are attending St John’s Lutheran Kindergarten
- Children of a former student of St John’s Lutheran School
- Children of Staff of St John’s Lutheran School, and Geelong Lutheran College
- Date of application
Process for Enrolment
To enrol your child at Geelong Lutheran College St John’s Newtown Campus please click here to start the online enrolment application . The enrolment form can then be completed and an interview with the Campus Principal arranged, once the enrolment period has closed.
Enrolments for Prep 2021 will close on April 30th 2020
Tours of the School can be arranged by clicking here or by phoning 03 5221 5221 during the hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Towards the end of each year our new Prep students undertake a Pre-Prep Orientation program through the Kindergarten. This allows new students and their parents to familiarise themselves with St John’s Lutheran School. This orientation program usually takes place over a number of transition sessions that prove to be invaluable in ensuring that new students have a smooth start to their first year at school.
Children enrolling at St John’s from other Kindergartens are also invited to join in with transition activities.
An Orientation Day is organised for parents and all enrolling students to attend later in Term 4.
Download our Prospectus
You may download a copy of our Prospectus by clicking the link below.
Download Current St John’s Lutheran School Prospectus (Opens PDF in a new window)